Indianapolis Colts at New England Patriots
- Hines is the real deal in PPR at least until Mack and Doyle return. If you didn’t get him last week I’m sure he’ll be a top pick in your league.
- Chester Rogers and Ryan Grant got a lot of targets in this game too, probably mostly to gamescript, but its a gamescript that may repeat often for this team as their defense was suffering even before all these injuries. I’d lean Grant but its hard to say. Rogers with more targets in this game.
- I know Dorsett had a few good catches and a TD, but it was just 3 targets. Edelman is back in force and until White gives up some of his targets there’s not another wide receiver getting more than 5 targets here.
Jacksonville Jaguars at Kansas City Chiefs
- Austin Seferian-Jenkins was a surprise addition to IR. Looked like Niles Paul was the next man up.
- A lot of targets given out to receivers here without many receptions. I’ve seen many of them dropped. I’m sticking with Cole as the one to own.
Tennessee Titans at Buffalo Bills
- Ugly game. Maybe jumping gun on Taywan Taylor a bit. Nothing to add here.
Atlanta Falcons at Pittsburgh Steelers
- Ito Smith isn’t going anywhere.
- Sanu often goes unseen on waivers. Check yours. I think he will continue to be more consistent than Ridley, though Ridley will have some bigger games and may score more for the rest of the year.
- James Washington disappeared unexpectedly in this game. Only 57% snaps well below the 75% he was around last several games. Not sure if that was because of the second half lead or just game scheme related.
Denver Broncos at New York Jets
- You were just given the gift of one more week to possibly buy Sutton.
- Remember when I said it might not be time to give up on Robby Anderson yet?
- But I’m not freaking out about Enunwa.
Green Bay Packers at Detroit Lions
- Marquez Valdes-Scantling the is the man to know, as you would know if you read this last week. I don’t expect Equanimeous St. Brown to overtake him for the 3rd spot if Cobb or Allison or even Adam miss future games. MVS is the next man up and EQB just had a big play (54yds).
- Don’t be too prideful to add Blount.
Baltimore Ravens at Cleveland Browns
- I had some reservations about Callaway and his drops. Meanwhile Higgins has been right there with him in targets. And this time he made something of them. But wait, he was injured and will be out one or two weeks. Some good matchups here so dial up Callaway.;
- Njoku should probably be owned everywhere, but just in case, make sure. Tight Ends can be weird for that, though this year I’m finding far less on waivers as many are injured and fantasy owners seem more willing to roster two.
- Another 7 targets, 5 receptions and 55 yards for Willie Snead. That’s nothing to scoff at in a deep league.
New York Giants at Carolina Panthers
- Time to start buying DJ Moore.
- Ian Thomas got 6 targets. Would be interesting if Olsen wasn’t coming back next week.
Miami Dolphins at Cincinnati Bengals
- I had reservations this could be an ugly game and it was. But hanging onto Dalton and Boyd will be worth it for the next two weeks. If anyone dropped them because of this week, go get them.
- Kenyan Drake getting involved in the passing game in negative gamescript. Probably will happen again for Dolphins. If you think Drake is and can be good this is likely your chance (well last week was but…).
- Pretty clear now Uzomah is the TE to get with Kroft getting an ankle injury.
- Wilson had 6 targets for 5 receptions and 43 yards. Have to think its just targets to Amendola holding Wilson back at this point.
Oakland Raiders at Los Angeles Chargers
- Jalen Richard cannot be ignored.
- Seth Roberts can be ignored.
- Tyrell Williams looking strong the last couple games. Would still put him behind Mike Williams by a bit, its not that far. For example, I’d trust Tyrell to benefit from an injury to Keenan more than Mike.
Arizona Cardinals at San Francisco 49ers
- Breida doubtful for next week. Alfred Morris may have been dropped in your league.
- Kyle Juszczyk could be interesting in deep leagues.
- Trent Taylor is back! Garcon was getting beat up and if Breida is out then Beathard will need short targets.
- Christian Kirk. Tried to tell you. He’s gonna cost you now.
- Or just pivot to Chad Williams for cheap. More targets. Just might be the smarter play now that Kirk has defenses’ attention.
Los Angeles Rams at Seattle Seahawks
- Both Cooks and Kupp left with concussions. Cooks’ was obvious, but the Kupp one was a bit of a surprise. No indication on their current status. We saw Allison in Green Bay not make it back. Pick up Josh Reynolds just in case. You can always drop him.
- Hard to know if Higbee or Everett would benefit from more targets up for grabs.
- David Moore is a guy I’d been grabbing in deep leagues but wasn’t expecting this. I wouldn’t chase his TDs, but I wouldn’t be opposed to stashing him if you can grab him for nothing. It would seem Marshall is being phased out for Moore.
Minnesota Vikings at Philadelphia Eagles
- Jay Ajayi was just put on IR. This means its a free for all grab and go for Smallwood, Sproles and Clement. I’d go for Clement first in PPR but Smallwood has looked good.
- In deep leagues consider Josh Adams, probably a better big back role replacement for Ajayi.
Dallas Cowboys at Houston Texans
- As was noted, here in this Waiver Watch two week ago, Geoff Swaim is the Tight End getting the targets. Showed some impressive hands on one play going down and snatching it just above the grass.
- Alfred Blue looked like the best running back for the Texans all year. I bought Lamar Miller in many leagues but its hard to deny.
- Which means check for D’onta Foreman. Eligible to return to practice after week 6.
- Keke Coutee seems to be a possible flex option, especially if Fuller keeps getting dinged up.
- Ryan Griffin got a lot of targets here. If you need TE.
Washington Redskins at New Orleans Saints
- Tre’quan Smith coming out party. Sorry I couldn’t warn you on this one. We did know Ginn was out but we were keeping an eye on him vs Meredith and hadn’t seen anything saying one or the other definitively. But I don’t think Smith is going away now.
This is my own subjective consensus of the order experts are placing these waiver options in. Some of these may not seem like they would be on waivers but keep moving down the list till you get to names that are on yours.
- Wendell Smallwood
- Corey Clement
- Nyheim Hines
- Alfred Morris
- Mohamed Sanu
- Antonio Callaway (in case he was or is about to be dropped)
- Keke Coutee
- Christian Kirk
- Alfred Blue
- Taylor Gabriel
- Chad Williams
- Robby Anderson
- Samaje Perine
- D’Onta Foreman
- Cameron Brate
- Marquez Valdes-Scantling
- Donte Moncrief
- Josh Reynolds
- DJ Moore
- Trent Taylor
- Jalen Richard
- Kapri Bibbs
- Kyle Juszczyk
- Ryan Grant/Chester Rogers
- Tre’Quan Smith
- David Moore
You’ll notice a lack of QB’s mixed in simply because its so hard to rank them among the other positions. I’ll list them here together though:
- Jameis Winston
- Baker Mayfield (have you seen his next four opponents?)
- Andy Dalton (next three opponents?)